PV MODULE PERFORMANCE TEST
DC INSULATION AND CONTINUITY TEST
COMPLETE TEST OF PHOTOVOLTAIC PLANT
Testing of an entire photovoltaic system. Measurement of global losses of the photovoltaic system.
FLUORESCENCE PV MODULE TEST
Pv module Fluorescence test on site, for cracks, EVA degradation and delamination detection.
INSTRUMENTAL ANALYSIS ON PHOTOVOLTAIC AND ELECTRIC PLANT
We perform technical checks and expert reports (also for legal disputes) on photovoltaic plant of any power in low voltage and medium voltage. The performance analysis of the photovoltaic system is performed with latest generation and highly specialized instrumentation. We are able to perform specialist measurements on modules, inverters (even centralized up to 1 MWp), DC and AC electrical wiring and protection components. For the complete range of services offered by our team of engineers, download our company brochure. We are able to perform the following specialist analysis on your photovoltaic plant:
- Thermographic checks on photovoltaic modules with high resolution thermal imaging camera. Checks with drone. Production of Radiometric Video Infra Red and IR Photographs. Detailed report of the working conditions of the analyzed modules.
The analysis with infrared camera is becoming increasingly important in the field of technical checks on photovoltaic plant. But what can be detected through this analysis of photovoltaic modules? When a cell does not work or generates energy because it is not receiving solar radiation, it may be inversely polarized. It will therefore behave as if it were charging rather than a generator, which could result in a high heat dissipation. This situation is easily identifiable with the use of a thermal imaging camera.
Our thermographic analysis are performed in high resolution with FLIR - MSX technology for greater detail of the defects. Photovoltaic panels can be inspected with a thermal imager from the front or back of the panel. The latter type of inspection has the advantage of avoiding problems related to solar reflections or reflections due to the low radiance associated with the crystalline surface of the panel or to a defective rear junction box. In any case, thermography allows you to quickly and remotely identify panels with hot spots. Then proceed quickly to solve problems related to production losses by repairing or replacing faulty photovoltaic modules.
- Analysis of the power loss on a single photovoltaic panel, then measurement of the performance of the module and comparison with the characteristics of the manufacturer's datasheet. The percentage power loss of the module is measured and the correspondence with the characteristics declared by the manufacturer is verified.
The I-V (Voltage-Current) characteristic (or curve) represents a sort of "identity card" of a photovoltaic module or a solar cell. With the I-V characteristic of the module, the manufacturer provides information on the short-circuit current, the no-load voltage and power generation. The analysis of the I-V characteristic allows the detection in the field of the main characteristic parameters of both a single module and strings of modules. From this analysis we obtain the current I / V characteristic curve / voltage, from which we obtain the actual maximum module power (PMPP). So it is easy to notice the presence of a faulty module.
- Complete testing of the photovoltaic plant with exact measurement of the overall loss of the entire plant. Measurement of the performance / DC loss / AC inverters of which the plant is composed.
The testing of the photovoltaic plant represents the complete test of the correct functioning of your photovoltaic system. Through the acceptance test, the correct operation / efficiency of the photovoltaic inverter is verified, the correct performance of the strings of photovoltaic modules, the correct connection of the modules in the formation of the photovoltaic strings and all the network parameters necessary for the correct functioning of the photovoltaic system. The analysis is done by connecting suitable instrumentation to the system, by detecting the solar radiation at the time of the test and all the electrical parameters such as voltage and current DC and AC. At the end of the test the sophisticated instrumentation used is able to direct the problem search towards one of the components of the photovoltaic system in order to deepen through inspection with thermal imaging camera or I-V curve meter of the photovoltaic modules.
- Electroluminescence photovoltaic modules and photovoltaic strings. PID detection (Potential Induced Degradation), cell cracks, damaged bypass diodes, damaged or broken cell connections.moduli fotovoltaici e stringhe fotovoltaiche. Individuazione PID (Potential Induced Degradation), Cracks celle, diodi bypass danneggiati, connessioni di cella danneggiate o interrotte.
We are able to offer the Electroluminescence service of high resolution photovoltaic modules and strings for an easy identification of the photovoltaic modules affected by PID (Potential Induced Degradation) effect, cell connection bus breakages, cell fractures (cracks) , damaged module bypass diodes and much more. The test is to be considered positive only for the modules that demonstrate a uniform distribution of the current. By sending a counter-polarization current into a photovoltaic module, a slight light emission is obtained in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. It is possible to photograph this phenomenon through a camera that has been specially modified for this use with IR mink. Since the infrared radiation emitted by the sun is much higher than that of a solar cell, this type of analysis can be performed only at night.
- Measurement campaigns on electrical parameters of the electrical plant of the PV plant in order to highlight legal problems in the construction of the same plant, the deterioration of one of its electrical components or the public connection electricity grid.
In some cases the problem of your photovoltaic system occurs only at certain times of the day and most likely it can be caused by parameters of the public electricity network standard factors that cause, for example, the shutdown of your system, with consequent loss of energy production . In these cases it is necessary to monitor the PV system and the electricity grid over time, using appropriate instruments, for a few days. In this way it is possible to deepen the research of the problem over time, by analyzing the representative graphs, for example, of the public grid voltage.
- We perform the geo-referenced mapping of the serial codes of the photovoltaic plant modules useful for GSE checks and periodic checks of plant integrity.
CONTACT US FOR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF YOUR PHOTOVOLTAIC PLANT
We are available for individuals and installers for technical inspection and expertise also for legal disputes use.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
BROCHURE - REFERENCES
- Instrumental checks on photovoltaic
- Technical Due Diligence for PV plant
- Energy plant engineering design
- SPI, SPG verification AEEG 786/2016
- Photovoltaic Thermography
- Photovoltaic plant full test CEI 82-25
- Grid parameters quality analysis
- Drone Thermography
- Outdoor Ectroluminescence on site
- Relay test verification
- Law 96/2017 non certified modules
- Transformer removal for CEI 0-21